On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 05:01  PM, Carsten wrote:

Hi Max,

Yes I am seeing the same thing too.

Agreed, fink should use the existing (dirty) index in this case. It does seem to do so when a package is specified ("fink list zip" or "fink apropos zip" for example).

I believe I have seen this problem even before my last patch, but it certainly is occurring more frequently now. I'm not sure what is happening but I will have another look at my code submission to see what is going on.

But I wonder where this number "291" packages is coming from (240 on my system). Is this the number of debs/binary programs?
dunno, but a fink index does indeed make all better...

-chris zubrzycki
- --
PGP public key: http://homepage.mac.com/beren/publickey.txt
ID: 0xA2ABC070
Fingerprint: 26B0 BA6B A409 FA83 42B3  1688 FBF9 8232 A2AB C070