This msg really goes out to all of you who ported the KDE to Fink (mac os x).

'm trying to port Kmymoney to Fink and so far, really bad luck. I check out the cvs
tree, then I do a 'make -f Makefile.dist' and here is the output:
<--------%<--------%<--------%<--------%<
dial-in6:~/Development/Projects/kmymoney2]$ automake --version
utomake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
ritten by Tom Tromey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

opyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
his is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
arranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
dial-in6:~/Development/Projects/kmymoney2]$ make -f Makefile.dist
his Makefile is only for the CVS repository
his will be deleted before making the distribution

** Creating acinclude.m4
!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
   environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
** Creating list of subdirectories
** Creating configure.in
** Creating aclocal.m4
** Creating configure
onfigure.in:129: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest
utoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
onfigure.in:129: the top level
utom4te: /sw/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
ake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
ake: *** [all] Error 2
<--------%<--------%<--------%<--------%<

 have located the problem to be occuring during the execution of autoconf. If I just
do autoconf in the main directory I get a similar error regarding AC_Dest not being
found. What is the issue with AC_Dest?

 have looked around the web for a few hours to find a solution, but it appears that no
one has ever found a solution to this problem. It seems to only occur with KDE based
applications. The only attempt at a solution seems to be to install Autoconf 2.3
instead of Autoconf 2.4, but I would hope there is a better solution, since I was able
to use fink to both compile and install kdebase3 and koffice.
You guys who ported the KDE, what did you do to get around this problem? Or did it
occur for you? Has anyone out there ever found a solution to the AC_Dest missing macro
situation?
I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.3, autoconf 2.4, automake 1.6.3, gm4 1.4. If you need any
other information, please ask.
Thanks very much,
ichael Caron
mymoney2.sf.net