On Sonntag, April 6, 2003, at 04:01 Uhr, Jason Quigley wrote:

Hi Everyone!
Hi

I see that a request to port Dante was added in February of last year.

Has anybody managed to compile it successfully yet?

I doubt that, I just looked at it and here are my findings from only running configure:

checking netinet/ip_var.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_var.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_var.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_var.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ##
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##

checking resolv.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: resolv.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: resolv.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: resolv.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##

(I guess this is a precompiled header issue on Mac OS X ? )

checking whether a working SO_SNDLOWAT exists... disabled
configure: WARNING: performance in the server might be degraded without support for the SO_SNDLOWAT socket option

this simply does not exist on Mac OS X and it can seriously degrade system performance when there are a lot of concurrent SOCKS connections

checking prototypes for write... warning: found no argument
warning: found no argument
warning: found no argument
warning: found no argument
failure
 write (0): (not found)
 write (1): (not found)
 write (2): (not found)
 write (3): (not found)
checking prototypes for read... warning: found no argument
warning: found no argument
warning: found no argument
warning: found no argument
failure
 read (0): (not found)
 read (1): (not found)
 read (2): (not found)
 read (3): (not found)
checking prototypes for gethostbyaddr... ok

error: some unfamiliar function prototypes were found,
       and will probably mean that building of libdsocks,
       which allows on-the-fly socksification of dynamic
       binaries will not work.

You have several options:

1. If you do not need libdsocks, run configure with the
option --disable-preload.
2. Send the output from configure to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and if possible you'll get a patch fixing the problem.
If you think this might be a generic problem, sending
the output might allow the problem to be solved for all
users of your platform in the next release.
3. Fix the problem yourself. If you have autoconf installed,
using the output above to modify configure.in should
enable you to compile without problems.
4. The preprocessed header for unistd.h might be corrupt.
Try to regenerate it or rename unistd.p while you build this package.

Now this is most likely an issue with configure.in, yet I know little about autoconf, automake, so feel free to help me out there ;)

So far so good, I just finished cvsup, which was a pain to me as I am still learning packaging, I might look at this a bit further.

- -d