Make sure that everything is as it should be according to the packaging guide:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/packaging/index.php

Then you should submit the package to the package submission tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=414256&group_id=17203

If the developers verify that everything works, it will be released into unstable, and then users will evaluate it. If it works reliably, it can be moved over to stable. The procedure seems cumbersome, but helps to avoid reliability problems in the stable tree.