A workaround is to use -mdynamic-no-pic (that even speeds up your programs).
Note -mdynamic-no-pic should not be used with shared libraries, also it is not
in the FSF's gcc until 3.4 (aka it is in the cvs).
I have filed a bug with the FSF, http://gcc.gnu.org/PR11387 because I still think this is a gcc bug
(and not an apple specific one, I can reproduce it with the mainline of the FSF's gcc) and not an as bug either.

Thanks, Andrew Pinski