Sounds like a good plan to me, unless one of the developers has a strenuous objection.

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 06:29 PM, Mark Stosberg wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mark Stosberg wrote:
Hello,

I'm working on compiling GnoTime. It's really nice time tracking/project
management tool which I'd like to make a fink package for. I recommend
it if you've been a fan of "KArm", the KDE time tracker.

The compilation is failing with this message:

ld: err.o illegal reference to symbol: _XSetIOErrorHandler defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib

The solution to this was provided by Greg Parker at Apple:

add `-lX11` to GnoTime's link command.

This might be worth adding somewhere to the Fink/Apple X11
documentation. Greg applied it will be needed for compiled
applications linking against Apple's X11 server.

Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .

Alexander K. Hansen
Levitated Dipole Experiment
http://www.psfc.mit.edu/LDX