Dear developers,

I'm updating some of my fink packages (first of all sci/root3). It is not clear to me how I should handle the package updates and submissions for the different trees.

Is it mandatory to have the same package versions in both 10.2 and 10.2-gcc3.3 tree? If I would like to move a package from 10.2/unstable to 10.2/stable, what happens to the same package (which diffs only on GCC:) in 10.2-gcc3.3 being untested?

Are there any recommendations how to handle the package submission via the tracker concerning packages targeted to 10.2 resp. 10.2-gcc3.3 tree given that the package has the same name but different content? In this context it would be very convenient for me if I could check my packages into sourceforge cvs directly. Would it be possible to obtain cvs write permission?

As I'm just in question mode: I'm looking forward to prebinding within fink. Specially root3 could gain quite a lot given that you have to restart the executable often and it takes a few seconds to find all libraries each time. I've read the 'man ld' and some Apple dev.docs about prebinding. However, I could not really figure out how I have to modify root3 to make prebinding working. Do you have any pointers to some docs or howtos?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
                Remi

--------------------------------------------------------------------- The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives. (Winston Churchill)

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041