I'm curious about how packages get commited, and yet the source
for that package doesn't seem to be in *any* of the places listed
for sources.  In particular, xc-20031117.tar.bz2 can't be found
anywhere, and I've tried repeatedly for the past 24 hours.

Do the packages committed get tested to ensure the sources are
available for at least part of the time?  Or is this a rogue package
wanting this source?

Also, is there any easy way to see which package wants a particular source?