> And on a personal note. I am really not happya bout this new
> mirror.info. Personally i think that was a premature deicsion, because
> it introduces rather serious security problems. It was bad enough how we
> had it, but having it in a seperate info file without _any_ validation
> is even worse imho.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but all of the mirrors you have recruited
recently were not being used by anyone (other than a few Fink developers
who use CVS), because the list of mirrors is only updated when the package
manager is updated.

The security of the current system is no different than the security of
the previous system.  The list of mirrors is kept in CVS, and released
as a fink package with an MD5 sum for the tarball.

I'll look into the the @INC problem you had.  Which version of fink did
you have installed when you tried to inject?

  -- Dave