On Jan 6, 2004, at 3:36 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Why do you have all this /sw/lib/libg2c.a -lcrt2.o -lfrtbegin -lSystem stuff on the command line? These are things that "g77" already implies, so you are including libraries twice. In the case of static libraries this seems to be fatal.

Is this libtool that does this or did you make up that command line yourself? In the latter case, you should replace "g77" on that line by "gcc"

I guess that libtool is doing this, so it can be a problem upstream. I have been discussing with the developers, and one possibility is that they are using the line AC_F77_LIBRARY_FLAGS in configure.ac. If that line is removed compilation finishes (although I still see a fair share amout of ld: multiple definitions of symbol lines). I don't know if the presence of AC_F77_LIBRARY_FLAGS is related to all the output above, but if it is, then I can advice them to indeed remome that line, or at least not include it for darwin/apple.

- Koen.