Dear fink developers,

I'd like to get some other opinions on the following question.

As I understand the GPL, if we distribute binaries of GPL'd software over
the web, we must also make the corresponding source available by the web
(unless we are willing to respond to requests sent to us by users, which
I don't think we want to get into).

The question is, what time interval do we need to respect here?  If we
distribution a binary for version A, and the source for version A, and
later replace the version A binary with a version B binary, is it OK
to remove the source for version A at that time?  (when we add the source
for version B, that is).  Or, does the fact that somebody grabbed the
binary of version A last week (or last month, or last year) entitle them
to expect that the source for version A will still be available?  For
how long?

Opinions welcomed.  Definitive opinions welcomed even more.

  Thanks,
  Dave