Hello All!

Some time ago I have installed (IIRC name) system-xfree86 place holder for X11 package from Apple.

But now - just made 'apt-get update' - I cannot find it anymore.

So I cannot install freeciv: it requires imlib, which requires giflib, which requires X11 - but does not accept X11 from Apple I already have installed.

If any one can clarify what is going here and how to install freeciv to use with my local X11 server - it would be just great.

I cannot really get this dependency: packages must depend on xfree86-shlibs, but not on xfree86 itself. After all X11 is networked protocol.

P.S. cc me please - I'm not subscribed.

--
Package manager version: 0.17.4
Distribution version: 0.6.2

--
> And in related news, the United States Patent and Trademark Office
> is being sued by SCO due to their patent on the process of reviewing
> and approving patents ;-)

That's old news. The lawsuit was dismissed, on the basis that the
patent covers "reviewing and approving" patents, and USPTO doesn't
do any reviewing of patents prior to issuing them.
                                         -- seen on slashdot
--                              ___      ___
Ihar 'Philips' Filipau             \    /       Code Monkey N3546487
Tel:    +49 681 959 16 0            \  /                 GIGA STREAM
Fax:    +49 681 959 16 100           \/        Konrad Zuse Strasse 7
Mobile: +49 173 39 462 49            /\           66115 Saarbruecken
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     /  \                     Germany
www: http://www.giga-stream.de  ___/    \___   Switching for success

Switching for Success.

Visit GIGA STREAM at GSM World Congress
in Cannes, 23-26 Februar 2004.