On Feb 26, 2004, at 2:02 AM, James Gibbs wrote:

Could someone look at the following snippet from the compilation of pango1-xft2 and tell me if it looks wrong to them, too. Specifically, in the last call to gcc, -L/sw/lib comes before -L/usr/X11R6/lib and there is also a -lfreetype. Wouldn't this make the libfreetype from /sw/lib be used instead of that from x11?

I've been trying to figure out why people still seem to be having trouble with freetype and pango in the mailing lists.

Yes _ but this shouldn't be the explanation, provided people are up to date with freetype:
in /sw/lib they should have just libfreetype.6.dylib -> libfreetype.6.3.2.dylib, no libfreetype.dylib

Best,

Jean-Francois