Alexander Strange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> LAME should not be included in the binary distribution, unless you feel
> like buying Fink an unlimited MP3 license (distribution of decoders is
> OK, or at least not actively acted upon, but distributing encoders is
> not allowed; see http://mp3licensing.com/).

If this is correct, the License: field in the fink package needs to be
changed to "License: Restrictive".

I'm not sure if Sylvain Cuaz (the original maintainer) is around these
days.  If not, for a package with an issue like this we need somebody
to step up and take responsibility for this package and be very careful
about the licensing question.

  -- Dave