Hi,

I got the following error during the configure phase:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.T52QBl failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling gimp2-2.0.0-2 failed

It tuns out that glib2-dev is not included in the .info file. After installing this package, the error disappeared, but then I got the following:

checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.2.2... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Test for GTK+ failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.S5Uwqh failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling gimp2-2.0.0-2 failed

Similarly, I assumed that gtk+2-dev was missing, but it actually is installed already (as well as gtk+2 and gtk+2-shlibs). Am I missing another package?

thanks,

- Koen.

ps. I suggest that maintainers test their packages after using the purge-all script (or whatever the name is). This should catch all needed packages. See also the libmng2 thread.