Darian Lanx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Daniel Nielsen wrote:
>
> > Hi..
> >
> > I just tried installing the package mentioned in subj.  It failed with a
> > gcc3 command not found.
> > I manually edited the .info file and changed the references from gcc3 to
> > gcc.
>
> This seems like a packaging bug. THere is no such virtual package, we
> only have gcc3.3 as virtual package. Please notify the maintainer. Thank you

There was no use of virtual packages here; rather, the phrase "CC=gcc3"
was used in the CompileScript.

"CC=gcc3" invokes the gcc 3.1 compiler, and, although originally XCode
installed this by default, apparently it does not install it any more.

I can also tell you that when the package was created, "CC=gcc" definitely
did not work (due to precompiler problems).  Have the precompiler problems
been fixed in more recent XCode?  that would be great news!

If so, what magic "BuildDepends" do I use to make sure that the latest
XCode is being used?  And shouldn't we have a virtual package for gcc3?

  -- Dave