(I'm redirecting this onto the fink-devel list.  Kevin, if you wouldn't
mind subscribing to that so that we can continue the conversation there,
that would be great.)

Kevin,

As you have surmised, the essential thing that is needed in order to create
a fink package is a step by step list of instructions to be followed.
My guess is that you've used some of the GUI developer tools for building
your .app, but there are generally command-line versions of the same steps,
which is what we'll need for the fink .info file.

If you can give us a brief outline of the steps you follow, we can probably
collectively work out how to make them into a fink .info file.

My guess is that when all is said and done, you'll need to supply on your
site a tarball containing the applescript as well as things like the icon
resource file.

 -- Dave