On Jul 23, 2004, at 3:12 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

I am bouncing this to the devel list; maybe someone there has already had a look at this package and might look again and salvage it. Its maintainer doesn't seem to be active any more, and the package in its present state doesn't build. It will need some serious repair work.

In particular, all the URLs in the package description and in the package sources are obsolete. Newer upstream versions exist.

Tom Robinson wrote:
Hi folks,
No kind souls leapt to help me on my previous post, so here's hoping this time ;-)
Having just upgraded laptops I decided to start with a clean Fink installation (from source).
All has gone well, but mldonkey says it wants ocaml 3.0.7 from CVS. The installation of ocaml 3.08 as one of the dependencies seemed to go OK.
I've tried answering yes to the mldonkey installation question about downloading ocaml, but it can't find that file.
Shouldn't Fink take care of the dependencies?

There are a couple of things wrong besides the URLs. First, mldonkey requires ocaml 3.07 to work. No problem, as this is still in fink, so we can just add a build dependency.

Secondly, it requires lablgtk that was built with ocaml 3.07. See, just like programs built with different versions of gcc or perl or python will be different and incompatible, so, too, will programs built with different versions of ocaml be incompatible. Right now, lablgtk's dependency on ocaml is un-versioned, which is incorrect.

I'm guessing there should be two versions of lablgtk, or maybe variants can handle this. I've been out of the loop here, so I don't know.

James