On 18 Sep 2004, at 22:42, Darian Lanx wrote:

Jeremy Higgs wrote:
<snip>
On a side note, is there any problem with having one ettercap info file that supports the -ssl and -gtk variants? I was under the impression that SSL stuff had to be kept under the crypto section, but haven't been following development for quite a while, so I don't know if the situation has changed. Can anyone shed some light on that? It would be nice to just have one package description file for all four variants...
<snip>
Yes. The -ssl "variant" _cannot_ be packaged in a single file unless your file will always live in the crypto tree. A good example would be my msmtp package. Which builds either with openssl as msmtp-ssl or with gnutls. Both "Variants" require the file to be in the "crypto" tree thus it is ok.

IN you case you have a blah-ssl file which lives in the crypto tree and a blah.info whith all the variants you need/want that lives in the normal tree.

-d

Rightio. I figured as much!

Thanks for the clarification!