On Sep 19, 2004, at 5:57 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Lars Rosengreen wrote:
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but shouldn't this depend on tetex-base or something similar?

I don't think so. Neither for building nor for running does it need any TeX package. It should probably have "Recommends" or "Suggests" fields for some tetex packages, but since these fields are not used in any meaningful way, this wouldn't really matter.

Martin,

While I agree that tetex-base is not a strict dependency of texshop, surely there are going to be users who simply want to say "fink install texshop" and get a fully functioning version of the package.

Here's an idea: suppose you rename the current texshop package to something like "texshop-engine" and then make a "bundle" package called texshop which depends on texshop-engine, tetex-base, ghostscript, and whatever else texshop would need.

  Best,
  Dave