On 08.09.2004, at 00:32, Rob Braun wrote:

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:31:33PM -0700, Rob Braun wrote:

I've come up with a patch that does this. I've been testing the
patch locally, but have not tested it extensively. I'll test it with
larger dependency chains later, when I get access to better connectivity.
Known issues: it is not controllable by a switch (command line or
otherwise). The plan is to not have this on by default, but use
a switch of some sort to enable it. I'm open to suggestions on how
best to toggle this. Also, it does not run apt-get update from
fink index, so you'll need to do that seperately. It should update
apt-get's notion of reality.

I just tested this on larger sets, and it fails miserably. I have some ideas on how to fix it though, so stay tuned. Any helpful comments/code would be appreciated. ;-)

Here comes another version of the patch (rev. 6). It now does check for md5 checksums after the .deb is downloaded and also offers the chance to try to download it again.

Remaining issues: