Here comes revision 9 of the patch...

On 28.09.2004, at 22:13, Christian Schaffner wrote:

Anyway, added to that mail are two patches:

#7 implements all enhancements described here and downloads the debs into /sw/fink/debs with a symlink to it in /sw/var/cache/apt/archives/.

#8 also has all changes but downloads the debs into /sw/var/cache/apt/archives/ directly, without any symlinking needed.

Both versions seem to work fine here. What shall we implement? I think we need some advice here... and testing, of cause!

What is new:

- We decided on #fink that the deb should go into '/sw/var/cache/apt/archives/' directly but a symlilnk is now created in /sw/fink/debs, just because all other debs are symlinked there too.

- During 'fink selfupdate' we now call 'apt-get update' to update the indexes of available binary packages.

- The Fink::Package->update_aptdb() is now only called if UseBinaryDist is enabled.

That's it. This patch is also added to the patch submission tracker at:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=1037296&group_id=17203&atid=317203>

It would be great if some experienced fink users could test it and/or review the code.

Thanks, Chris.