On 19.10.2004, at 05:15, Daniel E. Macks wrote:

Kurt Schwehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
Update of /cvsroot/fink/dists/10.3/unstable/main/finkinfo/sci

--- NEW FILE: weka.info ---
Package: weka
DescPort: <<
Didn't compile from source since that is just available from CVS.  The
weka web site descributes a dmg for OSX and a zip for Linux.  Both
contain a bunch of jar files.
<<
License: GPL

How do we feel about using precompiled-binary stuff in this manner (or at all)?

I think the policy is to avoid it whenever possible.

Would be better to roll a CVS snapshot tarball for fink and
serve it from Fink's SF space?

That's what i have been doing until now: Package a tar ball from CVS and then have one of the core fink admins release the file under Fink.

Chris.