Every time I see an update that refers to arts or kde, I dread the
resulting "fink fetch-missing", because whatever the mirror list
points at, it's wrong.  I end up manually fetching most of the
stuff there.

Can someone tell me why .info files get committed that are pointing at
sources that are nowhere to be found on the net, or at least not at
the places in the mirror list?

Or am I just using bad mirror settings?