Mattia Vaccari wrote:
Hi there,

this might not be a follow-up to the message below, but at least it's the same ball park...

I've just updated firefox from 1.0 to 1.0.4 and I now get the following error

---
/sw/lib/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 24733 Bus error "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
---

I've tried to recompile all the usual suspects of mozilla-breaking tradition (glib, freetype, pango, you name it...) but couldn't get round this one...

Anybody has a clue?

'fink info firefox' has the cure. The file xpti.dat in your profile somehow doesn't play nice when going from 1.0 to 1.0.x. If you erase it, the bus error should go away.

Hanspeter

--
Hanspeter Niederstrasser, Ph.D.            Dept. of Cell Biology
hniederstrasser at cellbiology.wustl.edu   Campus Box 8228