Robert T Wyatt wrote:
I thought that fink always uses sudo so there's no need to ask for it.

I think you're right. I probably still type it from way back in the day when it didn't automatically. Plus, it doesn't hurt to be explicit about it.

Also, couldn't Doug just use 'sudo pico xxx.info' and then not have to change permissions on /sw?

I suppose, but then you have to type sudo everytime you want to edit the file. User preference, I suppose.

Hanspeter

--
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.