I'm having a similar problem to one discussed on fink-users last week.

Gnucash is close to releasing a new version and I'm trying to prepare
a new .info file for the latest unstable tarball.

'fink -mvkK --build-as-nobody rebuild gnucash2' appears to succeed,
but attempting to run gnucash gives:

dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
   Expected in: /sw/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

This isn't quite the same as last week's issue, as the "Expected in:"
target is slightly different, but it looks like the same problem.

The build phase of the info file is:

SetCPPFLAGS: -I/usr/X11R6/include -I%p/lib/system-openssl/include
SetLDFLAGS: -L%p/lib/system-openssl/lib
ConfigureParams: --mandir=%p/share/man --infodir=%p/share/info --
libexecdir=%p/lib --enable-error-on-warning --disable-dependency-
tracking --disable-schemas-install --enable-ofx --enable-hbci --
disable-sql
CompileScript: <<
   guile16-build ./configure --prefix=%p %c
   guile16-build make
<<
InstallScript: make install DESTDIR=%d

This build phase has worked for gnucash2 2.0.x releases in fink.

If I hand build (unpack the 2.1.3 tarball in a directory, then
compile) using:

guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include ./configure
--enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings --enable-opt-
style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash-tball --enable-debug --enable-
etags --enable-doxygen --enable-ofx  --enable-hbci
guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include make
make install

then gnucash 2.1.3 builds and runs fine (at least on my ppc mac). /
opt is NOT in my PATH.

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH has been declared, but it doesn't cause a problem
with the latest svn version, the 2.1.3 built by hand from the
tarball, or 2.0.5 as released in unstable crypto -- only with a
'normal' fink build of the 2.1.3 tarball.

akh suggested using DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH, but I haven't gotten
to that yet given my confusion over the hand built versions working.
(And the fact that I'd have to write a patch script for aclocal.m4,
configure, and three other files to make the substitution on the fly
for a fink build.)

gnucash 2.1 no longer depends on g-wrap. I'm not expecting that to be
material, given the success of the hand-building from the tarball.
Building from svn does use swig, but it succeeds too.

Any additional suggestions?

Dave
--
David Reiser