There's been talk on IRC about trying to get people to switch from
Patch: to PatchFile:.  However, I have encountered a situation in one of
my own packages in which the benefits of PatchFile can't be fully utilized.

In maxima(-nox) I declare

Patch: %n.patch

i.e. maxima uses maxima.patch and maxima-nox uses maxima-nox.patch.
maxima-nox.patch has a block that is identical to maxima.patch, so I
could in principle make that part a common PatchFile for both, and then
apply the patching specific to maxima-nox separately, but that second
patching operation doesn't get any of the benefits of PatchFile.

I'd prefer not to have to go to separate .info files and thereby lose
out on the convenience of Variants.

Is there a better way to handle this, other than changing fink to handle
multiple PatchFiles? ;-)