On Dec 16, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> David Reiser wrote:
>> Alexander has indirectly called my attention to the fact that
>> gnucash2 has a utility that does a Bad Thing.
>>
>> gnc-fq-update is a perl script that invokes CPAN to install all the
>> perl modules that gnucash uses for retrieving stock quotes via
>> Finance::Quote. One of the modules installed is LWP, which doesn't
>> play nice in at least the fink realm, and maybe macs in general.
>>
>> I could just delete the script post-install, but that would
>> guarantee a few extra "what's (not) going on?" queries. I could
>> also patch the strings pointing to the script saying "use fink to
>> update finance- quote", but I'm pretty sure that would break a few
>> translations.
>>
>> Since I could replace the whole script with:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh fink update date-manip-pm finance-quote-pm588
>>
>> I'm thinking that might be the least intrusive method. (I already
>> have separate .info files for 10.4 and 10.5 because of other perl
>> issues, so I'd have to do the right thing in each.)
>>
>> How would I substitute my two line script for the contents of
>> gnc-fq- update.in in the patchscript?
>>
>> Dave -- David Reiser [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

> How about something like:
>
> PatchScript:  /usr/bin/perl -e 'print "#!/bin/sh\nfink update
> date-manip-pm finance-quote-pm588\n";' > gnc-fq-update.in
>
> (modified as is appropriate for where the file actually is).  That'll
> overload the file with new contents.

Thanks. I suspected I'd be embarrassed by the simplicity of the
solution, but I'm sure I'd have spent an absurdly long time getting
the quoting right and remembering that > overwrites instead of
appends. I'll test this in preparation for the new release that's
coming in a day or so.

Dave
--
David Reiser