Peter O'Gorman wrote:
[]

> I imagine that it will be closed as invalid. With -a, you are
> essentially asking for all processes with a controlling terminal, with
> -p you ask for all processes which match the given process id. ps will
> return both all the processes with a controlling terminal and all
> processes matching the pid.

Argh; I really should know better by now than to read man pages on a
Leopard machine on which I haven't mucked out personally the 4500 or so
man pages that remain from Tiger when doing an upgrade install. :-(

I guess the line proposed by Evan - using "ps xww -p pid" is correct for
Tiger and Leopard anyway.