On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:28:52AM +1000, James Bunton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The mplayer package that I'm working on (tracker #1885675) depends on
> libx264-57-shlibs which depends on gdk-pixbuf, which depends on
> gnome-libs-dev.
>
> I'm not sure why libx264 has this dependency on gdk-pixbuf. It compiles and
> works for me well without it and this saves my poor old Powerbook from having
> to build large parts of Gnome :)
>
> If nobody objects I'll create a tracker issue with the change.

There are similar library-names (.dylib files) in gdk-pixbuf and
gtk+2, sometimes packages change from gnome1 to gnome2 and it's easy
to forget to remove the deps for the old ones. The package does now
use gnome2, so it's in the realm of the pangocairo; the package in
that branch does not have any gnome1 deps that I see (but it does have
other changes that are needed for pangocairo)...no reason to use the
public-distro file as a starting-point to make changes at this time.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]