On 27 Apr 2008, at 20:54, Benjamin Reed wrote:

> Kevin Horton wrote:
> | Now that the pangocairo branch is starting to emerge, what should
> non-
> | core maintainers do when they update a package in the main
> branch?  I
> | assume that we should also update it in the pangocairo branch
> | (assuming it builds and works OK there).  Or, should we just update
> | it in the main branch, and leave the pangocairo branch to the
> experts
> | to manage for now?
>
> You are welcome to update it in both, but if you don't, we'll
> periodically merge cahnges from trunk into pangocairo to make sure
> it's
> ready for when it's time to merge back.

Thanks.  I'll attempt to keep the two trees in sync for my packages.

I created a separate fink tree, and switched it to selfupdate to the
pangocairo tree, as described on the wiki.  Can I update the CVS
settings for that tree to switch it from anonymous CVS to my
sourceforge ID so I can commit changes, or do I need to do a new
checkout first?  I've pored through cederquist, and haven't an answer
to this question yet.

It would be useful to add a short section in the wiki that has the
cvs command to checkout the pangocairo tree.  I'm a cvs novice, and
I'm sure I could piece it together with some more time digging
through cederquist, but it would be easier to simply copy something
off the wiki.

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada