On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 01:26:52PM -0400, Alexander K. Hansen wrote:

> Tomoaki Okayama wrote:
> | Hello,
> |
> | gnuplot-nox and imagemagick-nox seem to depend on x11 wrongly.
> | I attach patches for them in 10.4/unstable. Here are the changes:
> |
> | nox_gnuplot.diff
> |  * app-defaults, plotutils-shlibs and plotutils depend on x11. Deleted.
> |  * remove --with-plot=%p from ConfigureParams.
> |
> | nox_imagemagick.diff
> |  * openexr depends on x11-shlibs. Deleted.
> |  * Correct a typo in ConfigureParams.
> |

> | In addition, some of packages in Depends or BuildDepends need x11
> | *for make*. For example, x11-dev is needed to build libjasper.1-shlibs
> | and libdjvulibre15-shlibs, which imagemagick-nox depends on.
> | If binary packages of them are not available, nox-users cannot
> | install imagemagick-nox.
> |
> | Is that ok? Is there any policy in Fink?
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Tomoaki Okayama
> |
> Thank you!  I added the plotutils dependency and forgot that that
> depends on X11.  As for app-defaults, I probably added that too and
> forgot to turn that off in the -nox version.

Check if a file is installed in /sw/etc/app-defaults.  Those are x11
preference files, and need the app-defaults package to be read using
the normal mechanisms for those types of pref files. OTOH, it's rare
(but not unheard-of) for a non-GUI program to use that type of pref.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]