Jack Howarth wrote:
> Benjamin,
>    I am saying that the llvm-gcc42 package built with the
> llvm 2.3 and llvm-gcc-4.2 source code releases from
> llvm.org can in fact do link-time-optimization in llvm-gcc,
> llvm-g++ and llvm-gfortran. The trick is not to use the
> cctools in /usr/bin but that in /Developer/usr/bin to
> build the llvm-gcc42 package. The current Xcode 3.1
> Developer Preview 2 is available to anyone with a
> free ADC account from connect.apple.com. The llvm
> developers would be happy to see the LTO feature
> exercised as much as possible.

I have not looked at your info files, but wonder if you are hardcoding
/Developer/usr/bin in there?

Xcode-3.x allows for multiple Xcode installations at different
locations, users may not have Xcode-3.1 installed in /Developer. Using
xcode-select  -print-path will give you the path to an installed
instance of Xcode ( not necessarily Xcode-3.1 ), from there you can
check $PATH/usr/bin/ld -v to ensure that ld is new enough to do llvm
link time optimization.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman