Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> On 09-Jul-2008, at 02:17 , Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>> Matthew Pounsett wrote:
>>> Okay, thanks to the people that responded.  It looks like the two
>>> things are unrelated after all.
>>> Rats... I was hoping I'd found a related issue that would help track
>>> down what's happening with the fink mtr.
>>
>> I gave a fix for the problem with getaddrinfo() on MacOSX 10.5.3 which
>> I believe was the source of the problem. But it turns out this
>> behavior of getaddrinfo() has changed back to the old ways on 10.5.4.
>> Fink's stock mtr-0.72-27 now works for me correctly. Are you on 10.5.3
>> or 10.5.4?
>
> I'm in 10.5.4.  I just ran a selfupdate and don't see an updated
> mtr-nox.  Am I meant to read in the above that the package was updated?

No. What I was trying to say is that the fix that I proposed for 10.5.3
does not seem to be necessary any longer for 10.5.4. The mtr-nox package
was not updated recently.

If you still have a problem, then it is perhaps really related to your
other problem with dig.

Do you still get the same error message for mtr as on 10.5.3,

> nodename nor servname provided, or not known: Undefined error: 0

or something else? And for every address?