David R. Morrison wrote:
> Here's what I managed to find out about APNG:
>
> http://littlesvr.ca/apng/
>
> It looks like a patch that is no longer being maintained by its author
> and has not been integrated into the main line of libpng code.  How
> should we proceed?

That is correct.  The libpng people don't want the APNG patch (may be
residual from the MGN/APNG kerfloofle).  My still-not-working firefox3
package had to revert to using the internal provided libpng, which at
least for now is up to date.  All I had to do was remove
"--with-system-png" from ConfigureParams.  Note that I also had to
disable "--enable-system-cairo" because they're also using some code
that upstream hasn't picked up yet.

Hanspeter