I am trying to update the cadabra package, but a build attempt in
maintainer mode complains:

WARNING: The package cadabra has a preferred BuildDepends on gtkmm2.4-
dev,
          but gtkmm2.4-dev is an obsolete package.

But, neither the output of fink info gtkmm2.4-dev, nor an inspection
of its info file gives me any clue as to what I should replace this
build dependency with.  I tried removing gtkmm2.4-dev, but now cadabra
won't build, complaining:

checking for GTKMM... no
checking for GTKMM... no
checking for GTKMM... configure: error: Package requirements
(gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.6.0) were not met:

No package 'gtkmm-2.4' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTKMM_CFLAGS
and GTKMM_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I don't know enough about gnome, pkg-config, etc to guess as to the
correct way ahead here.  Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada