Jack Howarth earlier wrote:
> The idea would be for packages known
> to commonly suffer from this issue, the info file could
> invoke a strict mode during the fink build process where
> fink would first look for headers or static libraries in
> /usr/local

That's what I read this as, but regardless, instead of doing "if -e
/usr/local/include/evil.h", a package could just as easily just see if
there' _a_ file in /usr/local and crash out.  The end result is the
same, though.

The possibilities mentioned so far are 1) add code into Fink to have a
'strict' tag, followed by 2) have packages susceptible to bad files be
marked 'Strict: true', or A) have packages susceptible to bad files add
a quick check into CompileScript.  The 2nd path seems a heck of a lot
easier and can be done by any maintainer, plus it's probably more flexible.

Hanspeter

--
Hanspeter Niederstrasser
hanspeter at snaggledworks.com