On 27/11/11 21:50, Alexander Hansen wrote:
[]
> We should probably do an apple-gcc-4.2 package, then. It might even be
> handy on 10.7.

If it builds on 10.7, I am all for it.

I have been trying to build the scribus package on Lion, without success:

- With clang, it runs into a clang bug that was detected a year ago
<http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmbugs/2010-November/015821.html>
and has been fixed in the clang sources some time ago, but is still
present in current xcode-4.2.1.

- With llvm-gcc42, the compiler goes into an infinite loop (100% cpu,
runs for hours without doing anything).

(If anyone has the ear of an Apple employee, would you please box or
twist it violently, for giving us an operating system version whose
compilers have serious - and known - bugs)

- With Fink's gcc-fsf-4.6, building fails already at the (cmake-)
configure stage, because cmake insists on placing a "-arch x86_64" flag
on the compiler line that makes gcc46 error out. And as usual with
cmake, it is impossible to find out where this flag comes from and how
to remove it.

Why doesn't our gcc46 simply ignore the "-arch" flag instead of giving
an error?

These problems have also been detected by macports
<https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30835>
In that bug ticket, one finds the remark
"gcc42 does not build for Lion. No viable workaround."

I don't know if this means that their apple-gcc42 does not build on
Lion, or that scribus doesn't even build with that compiler either.

Note: This version of scribus builds OK on 10.5 and 10.6/pre-xcode-4.2.