On Jul 26, 2012, at 7:18 AM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> The current test rules that a machine is 64-bit capable if one of those
> is set.

        I get these results on 10.6.8:

Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini:~ (228) $ sysctl hw.optional.x86_64
hw.optional.x86_64: 0
Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini:~ (229) $ sysctl hw.optional.64bitops
second level name optional in hw.optional.64bitops is invalid
Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini:~ (230) $ sysctl hw.cpu64bit_capable
hw.cpu64bit_capable: 0

        Did the middle result confuse things?

Sent from Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini

I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!