On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 11:37:58 -0700, "William G. Scott"
<wgsc...@ucsc.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> I would like to update zsh (the Z shell) packages to the recent 5.0.0
> release.
>
> Also, a few years ago, when multibyte support was offered, I created
> a second package.  At this point enabling the multibyte feature isn't
> experimental, and Apple's own zsh 4.3.11 has this enabled by default,
> so it is kind of silly not to do this with Fink's 5.0.0 package.
>
> So I would like to merge the two packages and remove zsh-multibyte.info.
>
> Any objections?

Sounds like a good idea. You could make one final release of the
zsh-multibyte package that is

Type: bundle
RuntimeDepends: fink-obsolete-packages, zsh ( >= 5.0.0-1)

to help users who do have that alternate package installed easily and
automatically migrate to the now fully-featured main one.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org