Global $config is fine in this situation (UseFinkModules
compartmentalizes the handling of some initialization, and it does
export some Fink::Services functions into the main namespace).

Is --apt ode fixed for this new more-detailed output in standalone mode
(when /sw/lib/perl5 (or in whatever @BASEPATH@ is defined) doesn't
exist? I have fink in /sw, and the finkaptstatus data looks unchanged
by this patch when I move aside my /sw/lib/perl5...still has the old
format not the extra fields you are adding.

dan

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 19:36:40 -0600, TheSin <the...@southofheaven.org> wrote:
Okay now it works, standalone, --apt and --dpkg all tested, hopefully
declaring $config as a global isn't bad ;)

> -------------------------
>
> ---
> TS
> http://www.southofheaven.org/
> Life begins and ends with chaos, live between the chaos!
>
> On 2013-06-22, at 7:30 PM, TheSin <the...@southofheaven.org> wrote:
>
> > I take it back it only worked with out --apt :\
> > > Fetched 1072 kB in 4s (222 kB/s)                > Can't locate
> Fink/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-th
> > > I'll keep working on this :\
> > ---
> > TS
> > http://www.southofheaven.org/
> > Life begins and ends with chaos, live between the chaos!
> so that I get the right arch now.
> the CPU]
> >> The presence of the 64bit-cpu package indicates that the CPU on which we
> >> are running is 64bit capable. >> . >> Web site:
> http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-general.php#virtpackage
> >> . >> Maintainer: Fink Devel <fink-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
> couldn't figure out what or why UseFinkModules() was for or did since
> it returns and exports nothing.  If this is wrong please let me know.
> >> <fvp.patch>
> >> TS
> >> http://www.southofheaven.org/
> >> Life begins and ends with chaos, live between the chaos!
> get >>> it to work I need to make a few minor changes to f-v-p, I
> spent lots of >>> time working on apt 0.9.82 trying to figure out why
> girts weren't >>> working and it turns out the parser was considering
> them invalid due to >>> missing fields like arch and priority.  So I
> made a quick patch which >>> is in my pull request and i'll attach it
> here as well.  I'd add it >>> myself but I'm not sure which branch
> and if it'll affect anything else >>> that uses f-v-p
> of the CPU]
> of the CPU]
> http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-general.php#virtpackage
> to TheSin >>> in #fink yesterday, who confirmed that old apt would
> also accept it, so >>> I don't see harm in sending this to master now
> (rather than later as >>> part of the large apt upgrade work) (would
> also benefit anyone who's >>> experimenting with new debian tools of
> any sort). >>> >>> Technical question: Is this really
> Architecture:all, given that it's >>> generated by a fink that is
> single-arch?

Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org