On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:29:59 -0700, Alexander Hansen
<alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe that I'm an active maintainer, and I want the common
> courtesy of being informed when people touch ANY of my packages
> BEFORE any commits are made, so that I can check them out for myself.
>  Everybody should consider themselves informed:  EVERY ONE OF MY
> PACKAGES IS OFF LIMITS UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE.
>
> I don't care how trivial the change is.  Nor do I care if it affects
> your day job--that's what the local tree is for.
>
> It's almost never the case that I don't answer email for several
> days, so I'm astounded by this change having been made without any
> attempt to contact me about it.

Note that this is policy. It's not a new policy. The agreement of being
a maintainer with a commit bit to a common directory where other
maintainers all have the same permissions to everyone's files is that
you still have the self-control to not touch other people's stuff
without talking to them first.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks