On December 29, 2014 at 12:25:47 PM, Tomoaki Okayama
(okay...@users.sourceforge.net) wrote:
Dear Fink developers,

I've made finkinfos to update TeX Live, and I want testers.
If you're willing to test it, please checkout those finkinfo by

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@fink.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/fink
checkout -P -d text experimental/todai/ecc-10.7/main/finkinfo/text

and copy them to your local finkinfo tree
(maybe /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo).

Then

$ fink seflupdate
$ script -q texlive.bldlog fink build texlive
$ script -q texlive.instlog fink install texlive

Your any positive/negative feedbacks, reports, advices and comments
are welcome. To save time, EXPLICIT patches with your explanation
are very appreciated. (as always)

Here are important changes from texlive-0.20110705.

* %p/share/texmf is not used anymore. (change in upstream)
Even if there remain some files in the directly, they are not used.
A typical remainder from the previous version is
%p/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf.
(If you don't need it, you can simply remove it)

* kpathsea binaries (mktexlsr, kpsewhich, etc.) are moved from
texlive-base to libkpathsea6-bin. Accordingly, I added
Replaces: texlive-base (<< 0.20110705-107) to libkpathsea6-bin.

I ran into one small issue during the build - there was a conflict with
texlive-nox-base, which I had installed:

Selecting previously deselected package libkpathsea6-bin.
Unpacking libkpathsea6-bin (from
.../libkpathsea6-bin_6.2.0-0alpha2_darwin-x86_64.deb) ...
/sw/bin/dpkg: error processing
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/text/libkpathsea6-bin_6.2.0-0alpha2_darwin-x86_64.deb
 (--install):
 trying to overwrite `/sw/bin/kpseaccess', which is also in package
texlive-nox-base
Setting up libkpathsea6-shlibs (6.2.0-0alpha2) ...

Setting up libkpathsea6 (6.2.0-0alpha2) ...
Clearing dependency_libs of .la files being installed

/sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/text/libkpathsea6-bin_6.2.0-0alpha2_darwin-x86_64.deb
### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1

I removed texlive-nox-base, and the build and installation succeeded. The
resulting texlive worked normally in the one large project that I need texlive
for.

—
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada