> On Sep 10, 2015, at 14:01, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> 1)  We should probably put beta install instructions on the website.  Before
> I do that, I would like to confirm that bootstrapping using the “TheCaptain”
> branch actually works.  Could someone please confirm that for me?
>
> 2)  At some point soon we’re going to want to switch master and TheCaptain
> over to use the 10.9-libcxx tree, which is in the process of being populated
> as I write this.  I’ll prepare pull requests to make it easier for folks to
> track the changes.
>
> 3)  Regarding 10.9-libcxx:  the current plan is for this to be the
> distribution tree for 10.9-10.11 for the next fink release.    10.7 and 10.8
> will still utilize the 10.7 tree.
>
> 4) Concurrently with releasing a fink with full El Capitan support, we are
> going to declare 10.7 and 10.8 as EOL.  All this requires is ceasing to
> commit updates to the 10.7 tree—we won’t need to declare special EOL
> directories (not unlike how we handled 10.6).
>
> Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
> --
> Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
> Fink User Liaison

OK, it seems like the changes between “TheCaptain” and master aren’t huge and
shouldn’t break other OS X, so if nobody objects I’ll go ahead and merge
“TheCaptain” into master.

In addition, if folks want to test out “Captain-10.9-libc++”, which is the same
as TheCaptain (eventually the same as master) but using the new 10.9-libcxx
tree, so that we can work on update scenarios, that’d be great.