Hi folks,

I really would like to see qt5 fixed, one way or another.  Let me try to
restart the discussion, by summarizing:

There are two possible solutions I am aware of:
(1) adding a symlink
(2) fixing the .pc files

I proposed (1) simply because this seems easier to achieve to me (just have to
insert appropriate "ln -s" commands in the InstallScripts.

But Hanspeter perceived a problem, which I do not quite understand:

> On 19 Nov 2015, at 17:24, Max Horn <m...@quendi.de> wrote:
>
> Hanspeter,
>
>> On 19 Nov 2015, at 16:26, Hanspeter Niederstrasser <f...@snaggledworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, November 19, 2015 5:57 am, Max Horn wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> Better solution is to fix the .pc files to have the correct Cflags
>> pointing to the correct headers dir
>
> Maybe, but (a) I have no idea how the .pc files are created, so I would have
> to use sed or perl to change the files after installation, and (b) I am not
> sure that would be enough (see below):
>
>> (otherwise packages will get stuck on
>> expecting the symlink).
>
> Not sure what you mean with that...? These are only build time requirements,
> used only by the preprocessor...?

Hanspeter, I'd appreciate if you could clarify your concern?

Assuming your concern is well-founded, then we have to use method (2), i.e.
modify the .pc files. But then the question is how to do this. I have no clue
how qt creates its .pc files, and frankly, don't want to find out. So if I were
to make the change, I'd probably end up with some sed / perl regex magic at the
end of the InstallScript. Perhaps there is a "cleaner" fix, but then somebody
who knows more about q5 should do it.

Does a "sed" base change sound OK? Or does somebody know how to do it properly
and volunteers?

In either case, one needs to change the "Cflags" in the .pc file, which
currently are

Cflags: -I${includedir}/QtCore -I${includedir}

and should be changed to this corrected form:

Cflags: -F${libdir} -I${libdir}/QtCore.framework/Headers

or perhaps (???) even to this

Cflags: -F${libdir} -I${libdir}/QtCore.framework/Headers -I${includedir}

Of course the string "QtCore" has to be suitably adapted for each .pc file.

Cheers,
Max