I need a bit of help with a fink package.  I don’t fully understand the Shlibs:
tag in a fink package.  I am trying to create a package for a dynamic library.
The library builds correctly.  However it just builds the library as
cryptopp.dylib in the midst of the source files.

The discussion of the SHLIBS tag in the packaging manual seems a bit obscure to
me.

Here is the relevant part of the package as I have it now following another
library package as a template.

NoSourceDirectory: True
CompileScript: make dynamic
InfoTest: <<
  TestScript: make test || exit2
<<
DocFiles: Install.txt License.txt Readme.txt
InstallScript: make install PREFIX=%i
SplitOff: <<
   Package: %N-shlibs
   Files: <<
      lib/libcryptopp.dylib
    <<
   Shlibs: <<
      %p/lib/libcryptopp.dylib 5.6.0 %n (>= 5.6.5-5)
   <<
<<
SplitOff2: <<
   Package: %N-dev
   Depends: %N-shlibs (= %v-%r)
   BuildDependsOnly: true
   Files: <<
      include
   <<
<<

the package goes and build both the dylib and .a libraries, but has a problem
installing them.  The deb file does not pass authentication when I run fink in
-m mode.

When I try to build with the -km flags, I get the following:

Validating .deb dir /sw/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-shlibs-5.6.5-13...
Error: Name '/sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib' specified in Shlibs does not match
install_name
'/sw/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-5.6.5-13/sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib'
Error: package contains the shared library
          /sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib
       but the corresponding install_name and compatibility_version
          %p/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-5.6.5-13/sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib
5.6.0
       are not listed in the Shlibs field.  See the packaging manual.

Any help is of course very much appreciated!
Scott

Dr. Scott Hannahs, Director of Scientific Instrumentation and Operations
Distinguished University Scholar
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University
http://sthmac.magnet.fsu.edu
1800 E. Paul Dirac Dr., Tallahassee FL 32310, (850)644-0216/FAX 644-0534

        "OS X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging
Windows."