A few days days ago, I posted a message about problems I was having while trying help a friend to download f2c from fink. It seems that the problem was in using Jaguar with non-Jaguar-ready fink. He ran a bootstrap to Jaguar-compatible fink, and supposedly he now has fink up-and-running. And he downloaded f2c, apparently successfully. But things are not working quite right yet.
When he tries:
f2c -c -Nn802 forpract.f
he should be getting a C file called forpract.c. (I can't remember now what the "-Nn802" is for; I think it is for minimizing warning messages, but I don't think that should matter much for our purpose here.) Well, the forpract.c file that he gets is not OK. It is only 6 lines long:
/* /Users/huubtous/fortransample/prog/forpract.f -- translated by f2c (version 20020621).whereas the file that I get on my own computer when I try the same thing with the same fortran program starts the same, but is much longer:
You must link the resulting object file with the libraries:
-lf2c -lm (in that order)
*/
#include "f2c.h"
/* /Users/dapena/fortransample/prog/forpract.f -- translated by f2c (version 20020621).etc.
You must link the resulting object file with the libraries:
-lf2c -lm (in that order)
*/
#include "f2c.h"
/* Table of constant values */
static integer c__1 = 1;
/*< PROGRAM FORPRACT >*/
/* Main program */ int MAIN__(void)
{
/* Format strings */
static char fmt_25[] = "(f10.3)";
static char fmt_48[] = "(f8.2)";
/* System generated locals */
olist o__1;
This is what his system looks like:
Os x 10 .2.1
Fink installer =the latest for Jaguar, and did the update csv
Development tools installed July 10.2 tools and updated with the august
update, the most recent from apple developers website
Does anyone know what the problem in my friend's system might be?
Thank you for your time.
Jesus Dapena
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Dapena
Department of Kinesiology
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109, USA
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 1-812-855-8407
web: http://www.indiana.edu/~sportbm/home.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by: See the NEW Palm Tungsten T handheld. Power & Color in a compact size!
http://ads.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?palm0001en
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users
