Jay R Wren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> texinfo has a little problem only because most (or all) gnu mirrors no
> longer have the texinfo-4.2.tar.gz package, put instead of the patches to
> that version from some other previous version.  This keeps fink install
> texinfo from working because it can't d/l the package.
>
> 4.3 works, but the info file needs to be tweaked a little bit.  Here is
> the diff:
>
> < Version: 4.2
> < Revision: 2
> ---
> > Version: 4.3
> > Revision: 1
> 5c5
> < Source-MD5: 41a97498d34ddbf245df40a95977be7f
> ---
> > #Source-MD5: 41a97498d34ddbf245df40a95977be7f
> 7c7
> < ConfigureParams: --mandir=%p/share/man --infodir=%p/share/info
> --with-included-gettext
> ---
> > ConfigureParams: --mandir=%p/share/man --infodir=%p/share/info
> --with-included-gettext --disable-nls
> 17,18d16
> <  rm %i/share/locale/locale.alias
> <  rm %i/lib/charset.alias
>

> I hope this gets to the maintainer.  Or maybe this message was more suited
> to the developer list, I don't know.

Hi.  If you want to report a problem to a package maintainer, you can
either find the maintainer's email address in the info file, or you
can get if from Fink's website by looking the package up in the
"packages" section (and coverting "DOT" to "." in the given address).

The texinfo-4.2 package was updated a while back so that the "Source:"
field now points to Fink's website, where we have stored a copy of
the sourcefile.  Running "fink selfupdate-cvs" will always provide
you with the most recent copies of info files, where we often make
corrections like this.

Finally, thanks for the success report on texinfo-4.3.  I have been
unable to get it to compile, which is why I haven't released a new
version, but I will try again with the flags you suggest.

  -- Dave Morrison, texinfo maintainer