Cross-posted with [Fink-beginners]

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 11:02 AM, Jean-maurice Le Clech wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to configure fetchmail but in an X11 session I get this result:

fetchmailconf Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/sw/bin/fetchmailconf", line 9, in ?
from Tkinter import *
File "/sw/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
ImportError: Failure linking new module
This is a typical problem with Tk-Python version mismatch. What is the version of your Tk? If it's 8.4.1, not 8.4.3, and if you built your Pythong package when you were on 8.4.3, which I assume is true, you'll need to rebuild python package with "fink rebuild python" and install it again.

The reason is that a Python module (for GUI) called "Tkinter" isn't properly configured for your Tk library.

Hope this helps

Kow